We are currently searching for an experienced Senior Practitioner – Practice Supervisor to work within a Children and Families Team in Dudley. This contract will pay £30-32 p/h and will run a minimum of 3 months. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading, mentoring and coaching Social Workers, ASYE, and Trainee Social Workers. You will also be responsible for developing and implementing the standards in Social Work Practice for Children's Safeguarding.
What you'll need to succeed
• Extensive experience working within Children’s Social Services.
• Experience leading and mentoring junior members of staff.
• The ability to meet deadlines.
• Prioritization and time-management skills.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• HCPC Registered Social Worker.
What you’ll get in return
£ 30-32 p/h
Business miles payable
What we will offer you
• Dedicated Consultant with 17 years of recruiting high calibre contractors.
• Personal Compliance Manager with guaranteed 24 hour response.
• A Free DBS with application support from your Compliance Manager.
• Our Compliance Manager will help you develop your CV further if you register with us, free of charge.
• Payroll Promise – We will pull out all the stops to make sure you are always paid on time!
• Timesheet Service – A timesheet process that is designed around you.
• A locally based team of specialists in the Social Work Sector, with excellent geographical knowledge and contacts.
• Free educational conferences.
• Advice packs.
• Regular visits from your Consultant.
• Welcome pack of social work essentials and goodies for all new starters.
• Consultants who are available outside of normal office hours.
• Refer a Friend Scheme paying £250 for every successfully placed contractor. (T&C’s apply)
• Do you have the DBS Update Service on your DBS? If you register with us then we will refund you the cost. (T&C’s apply)
• £250 reward for bringing your own contract.
• A one stop shop for all of your social work recruitment needs.
What you need to do now
If you are interested in the position please click the apply button and send us your CV, we will then get in touch with you in the next 24 hours. Do you want more details before deciding? Just give us a call on 0115 993 4282 to discuss further details or if you are looking for something different then please get in touch!
Please note that Mercia Recruitment (Social Care) Ltd will request a DBS in the event an applicant being offered a position. I also understand that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position.